Native American Research Services
If you’re looking to establish your Native American ancestry, American Ancestors is the best genealogy research company for you. Why?
- American Ancestors is the Only Tribally Certified Genealogy Research company
- What are the only Native American owned genealogy service
- We have tribally Enrolled Researchers with Unique access to Tribal Records
- We specialize in Native Research
- We have been retained by the LDS Family Search services for Native American family research
- We are DNA Consultants with Ancestry.com
- We conduct “on location” research which is absolutely essential to find Native American records, written and oral, and traces of Native American family roots
- We provide complimentary assistance in enrolling in your tribe, if Native American bloodlines can be established. This is an $800 value!
- We have access to unique, paid Native American databases
- We have Researchers who speak a Native American languages fluently
Is it easy to do Native American ancestor research on your own?
If it was easy you wouldn’t be reading this! Any Eastern Tribe is very difficult. There are some exemptions such as the Eastern Cherokee in Cherokee County NC. There are also various small tribes. This research is extremely difficult, but because of the advent of Casino’s membership in these tribes, it is extremely profitable. The white man has spent over 400 years trying to destroy any existence of these tribes. Whereas the Western Tribes have only dealt with the White man for approximately 150 years. This makes Western Tribal research a lot easier.
Many of the records are only found in local areas, they are not online, and unavailable in Utah. And it takes an expert to retrieve them. Remember, enrollment offices will verify that all information and evidence is correct. It can’t be someone who has the same name as your ancestor. You need proof. Many of the records are over 1,000 miles from where your ancestors lived. This is because repositories are spread out across the United States. Do you know where they are? That is why you need someone who knows.
What are your Native American research package options?
A Native American Research project is $5,500 with a retainer of $3,500. A balance of $2,000 is due upon completion, payable by check or major credit card. You must pick either a Paternal or Maternal Side to research. If you’d like both, an additional fee is required.
A feasibility study project is $2,500. For this project, American Ancestors will research both sides of your family tree for 20 hours.
At the conclusion of the genealogy research project, you will receive your report. This will detail whether or not you or the individual who you are doing research for is Native American.
Native American DNA Evidence Projects
1. DNA is not accepted by any Federally Recognized Indian Tribe. It is sometimes required as proof of Paternity.
2. What does an Ancestry.com DNA test, or some other DNA test prove when results come back showing a percentage of Native American Ancestry? The only thing it proves is that you are part Native American. Nothing more. You can simply tell your family and friends that you are part Native American.
3. The higher the percentage of Native American the better for you. This can be used by an expert to pinpoint who your Native Ancestors are.
4. Now it is time for a Free DNA analysis with a Native American DNA Expert. Please use this contact form to schedule a time and telephone number or call now, 801 836-1996.
5. Some DNA problems are that the DNA neither identifies a Tribe or the people in your Family Tree. Another problem is that the DNA may never have been collected from the Native Ancestors you come from. This sometimes results in a 0 % DNA reading. If the DNA results show 0 % it may be wrong. If the Test gives some Native American percentage it is never wrong.
Native American Enrollment
1. Each Tribes Enrollment criteria is different.
2. The five civilized tribes require a direct descendant on the Dawes Rolls.
3. Most Tribes require a Blood Quantum.
4. Some Tribes are closed to Enrollment.
5. When a Closed Enrollment becomes an Open Enrollment, it is normally only a brief period of time such as two weeks. So you better be ready if that is your tribe. Don’t wait for the Enrollment to open, to do the research, because it will be too late.
6. Rules for enrollment have changed constantly over the last 120 years. So do you have all your paperwork ready?
A retainer is required to secure a research team to begin work. The balance is due upon completion of the project. Please fill out our Contact form or call us toll free at 1-801 836-1996 to discuss your Native American research project with us.
November 11, 2019